David Souaid is CRO at OnDeck Canada. In our interview, he talks about business financing and hopes, challenges and advice for small businesses.
To learn more about OnDeck, please visit
Looking to learn more about business capital, different types of business loans and how they work? If so, please visit https://smarter.loans/business-loans/
For e-commerce business financing, please visit https://smarter.loans/ecommerce-business-loans/
For home based businesses, please visit
This video was produced by Smarter Loans (https://smarter.loans/) Smarter Loans is Canada’s Loan & Financial Directory, where you can discover and compare over 100 brands and their products, so that you can make smarter financial decisions.
- How Going Sober-Curious Changed My FinancesIn this episode of The TFD Test Lab, host Jazmine shows us what happened when she cut out alcohol for 30 days straight — from what she saved, to the benefits she gained. In The TFD Test Lab, we’re sharing real-life experiences challenging ourselves to live better, more budget-friendly lives. […]
- 8 Numbers Every Millennial Should Know About ThemselvesIn this video, Chelsea walks us through the 8 numbers every millennial (or anyone of any generation!) should know about themselves, and how to find them. Credit score video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yQpE-BnOCs&t=4s Calculating net worth: […]
- How To Protect Yourself From Bad Brokers
- New 100% Financing Programs For Medical ProfessionalsWith housing prices moving higher and interest rates still near historic lows, we are proud to announce the expansion of our 100% financing for medical professionals! – 100% financing up to $750k – 95% financing up to $1.25M – Gift funds acceptable – 2-unit properties […]
- National Hispanic Heritage Month CelebrationToday, SBA Administrator Guzman lead a discussion with Hispanic business owners to hear how they have successfully pivoted throughout the pandemic to adapt to a rapidly shifting environment. Learn more about SBA resources for Hispanic-owned small businesses: […]
- Using AI to Access Information Faster and Easier
- How Can The Borrower Experience Be Improved?
- Why CreditBook is Gaining Popularity
- Impact of PayPal and Square Entering The Market
- Quirky Aesthetics & Fake Working-Class Problems: The Cringeworthy Finances of Gilmore GirlsIn this episode, Chelsea breaks down the confusing ways money comes into play in the world of ‘Gilmore Girls’ in order to answer this question: is this show in any way an accurate portrayal of middle-class America? Check out our video with Lindsay Ellis dissecting television portrayals […]
- How To Be A Great Lender
- Be Careful How Much You’re Lending
- You Need Technology to Achieve Scale!
- Why You Should Not Be Stressed About Your Mortgage ExperienceMortgage underwriting standards today are prudent and they are documented. This is the mortgage industry doing it the right way as compared to how mortgage underwriting was done before the mortgage meltdown, where there was no documentation needed and therefore no validation that those borrowers […]
- What We Do To Ensure A Successful Mortgage ProcessAt NEO Home Loans, we go to great lengths to make sure a loan cancellation never happens to any of our clients. We encourage you to go through the full pre-underwriting process where we gather all of your income, asset, credit, and loan application documents, preflight that information in front of […]
- What is a Closing Disclosure?The closing disclosure includes verification of your purchase price, the interest rate, your loan amount, all of the fees in connection with your home loan, as well as an estimate of your cash to close. Now, the cash to close on a closing disclosure can change based on the amount of taxes and the […]
- How We Calculate Your Cash To CloseThere’s nothing worse than being surprised at closing, At NEO Home Loans, we go to great lengths to explain to you what we anticipate your cash to close to be and the process that you’re going to go through with closing. When we send you an estimate, we know that our fees are accurate. […]
- What to Expect During the Underwriting ProcessThe mortgage underwriter is the gatekeeper. They’re the person whose job it is to calibrate risk and make sure they’re making lending decisions based on the underwriting guidelines for the particular loan program that you’re going for. This means that you can expect the mortgage […]
- Yes…We Can Help You Skip Your Mortgage PaymentsBuying a new home is always an exciting that comes with expenses. One of the ways we can help you mitigate these expenses is by explaining how to arrange the closing of your home so that you can skip two mortgage payments. Josh Mettle Division President NEO Home Loans firstname.lastname@example.org […]
- What Are Mortgage Closing Costs? And How Are They Paid?Mortgage closing costs are in addition to any down payment monies you intend to bring into closing. When you go through the mortgage process, there are people who are actually doing work to make sure that the mortgage is done correctly and in compliance with all legal laws and requirements. These […]
- What Is Mortgage Insurance? And Can It Be Avoided?Mortgage insurance is an insurance that you pay as a borrower that protects the bank or lending institution against any default, so if the loan were to go into foreclosure lender would be insured against any losses. At NEO Home Loans, we’ve gone to great lengths to find mortgage programs and […]
- How To Compete with All-Cash OffersNearly one in four real estate transactions today are all-cash offers. Our job at NEO Home Loans is to help you and your family compete with those cash offers. The first way we do that is to encourage you to go through our complete pre-underwriting process. This is more than a pre-approval and […]
- The Best Ways to Handle a Low AppraisalIn today’s competitive real estate market, we’re seeing more and more appraisals come in below the purchase price of the home. How do we help you overcome that? The strategy that we use at NEO Home Loans is called an appraisal gap strategy. We have loan programs that will enable you to […]
- How to Decide Whether to Rent or Buy a HomeAccording to the Federal Reserve, the average homeowner is 40 times more wealthy than the average home renter. At NEO Home Loans, we have a tool called a Buy vs. Rent analysis that allows us to fast forward over any particular period of time and show you the difference in cost and wealth that you […]
- How to Bulletproof Your Home OfferAt NEO Home Loans, we’ve developed several strategies to help elevate our clients’ chances of getting their offers accepted. We call it the Bulletproof Buyer program. Josh Mettle Division President NEO Home Loans email@example.com 801-893-0659 NMLS# 219996 CA-DOC# 219996 […]
- Our Mission at NEO Home LoansUp until now, the mortgage industry has been focused on selling you as much mortgage debt possible. NEO Home Loans is different. Our mission at NEO is to spread financial literacy and help you on your journey to financial freedom. Our goal is to be the most informative and valuable person in your […]
- Making the Lending Process More Convenient and Flexible
- Advantages of Canadian Banks over the US
- Carmine Marcarella’s Career
- Rich White Women, Pinkwashed Capitalism, & The Downfall Of The GirlbossThanks to Wealthfront for sponsoring today’s video! Open up a Wealthfront investment account today through our link and get your first $5,000 managed for free: https://invest.wealthfront.com/financialdiet21 The Financial Diet receives cash compensation from Wealthfront Advisers LLC (“Wealthfront […]
- The Worst Investing Advice On The Internet, And What To Do InsteadSign up for Amanda’s Investing class and get $49 off at checkout with the code YOUTUBE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/165170815355/?discount=YOUTUBE Investing expert and friend of TFD Amanda Holden stops by to share the worst advice you’re likely to run into on the internet, and what you […]
- This Is How Ben McCabe Started Out in the Finance Industry!Ben McCabe is the founder of Bloom Finance Company, a finance company that provides reverse mortgages. He explains how he got started in the finance industry and how his career evolved and led him to founding Bloom Finance. […]
- Why Did Greenbox Enter The Canadian Market?
- Helping Banks And Lenders to Give Out More Money
- What is a Merchant Cash Advance and How Does It Work?
- Advantages of the Merger of Mercantile and OnDeck Canada
- Embracing the Challenges of the Future
- How To Budget When You Don’t Know What You’re Making This MonthOpen an account with Lili! Use the code WELCOME25 at onboarding to get a $25 sign-up bonus when you spend $250 with your Lili debit card in the first 45 days: https://lp.lili.co/hello/?utm_source=Youtube&utm_medium=Organic&utm_campaign=The-Financial-Diet Join this channel to get access to […]
- I Switched To Only Using Cash, & Here’s What Happened To My FinancesThanks to Wealthfront for sponsoring today’s video! Open up a Wealthfront investment account today through our link and get your first $5,000 managed for free: https://invest.wealthfront.com/tfd5000 The Financial Diet receives cash compensation from Wealthfront Advisers LLC (“Wealthfront Advisers”) […]
- 5 Consumer Habits That Are Making Us DepressedIn this episode, Chelsea explores the consumer habits that are wrecking our collective mental health, from going into debt to keep up a certain lifestyle to watching endless haul and OOTD videos. Sources: […]
- Be Transparent And Open For The Best Possible Deal
- Let’s Drop the Mystery Around Business Financing
- The Shift to Innovative, Digital Lending
- Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program: Claiming Your BusinessLearn how to claim your business to become certified for the Woman-Owned Small Business federal contracting program. Learn more about the program: https://www.sba.gov/wosbready ——– Text transcript: Scene 1: 00:00 Women-Owned Small Business Claiming Your Business Scene 2: 00:07 […]
- Upgrading the Customer Journey
- What Challenges do Small Business Owners Face?
- Discover Where Your Ideal Customers Spend Their TimeDimple Lalwani from Lending Loop talks about the keys to success for e-commerce entrepreneurs. ————————— Learn more about Lending Loop and LOOP for e-commerce at https://smarter.loans/lenders/lending-loop/ Looking for business capital? Visit […]
- What’s Great About CreditBook?
- The Future of HomewiseJesse Abrams from Homewise explains the full picture of home ownership in Canada. ————————— To learn more about Jesse Abrams’ company Homewise and explore mortgage options, please visit https://smarter.loans/lenders/homewise/ To learn more […]
- Consider This When Taking Out a Business Loan – Watch the Terms
- Beginnings of Greenbox Capital
- Marketing Tip: Position Yourself Where Your Customers Are
- My Unfiltered Rant On The LuLaRoe DocumentaryIn today’s video, Chelsea airs her grievances with the new LulaRoe documentary "Lularich" on Amazon prime, diving into a piece of MLM culture that we need to talk about more. Interview with Tiffany Ferguson: […]
- How Much Credit Can You Access?
- How to maintain eligibility for the HUBZone federal contracting programLearn what the requirements are to maintain eligibility for the federal contracting assistance program for businesses in historically underutilized business zones, also known as HUBZone. Learn more about HUBZone: https://www.sba.gov/hubzone Scene 1: 00:00 Maintaining Eligibility in the HUBZone […]
- SBA Utah Small Business Week 2021Source: U.S. Small Business Administration […]
- Recovery Lessons from the Nation’s Entrepreneurial Coaching NetworkAlso hear remarks from Entrepreneur Daymond John. This panel discussion was presented during National Small Business Week 2021. Note: Captions are auto-generated. Please excuse any typographical or grammatical errors. Source: U.S. Small Business Administration […]
- Jordan Fein’s Inspiring Story
- Empowering the Veteran and Military Small Business CommunityThis video was presented during National Small Business Week 2021. Note: Captions are auto-generated. Please excuse any typographical or grammatical errors. Source: U.S. Small Business Administration […]
- Resiliency and the Recovery: How Small Businesses Can Adapt to the Trends Transforming the WorkforceThis webinar was presented during National Small Business Week 2021 by MetLife. Note: Captions are auto-generated. Please excuse any typographical or grammatical errors. Source: U.S. Small Business Administration […]